Shops are publishing their opening hours over Christmas, the police have not published their opening hours - they are 24/7/365.
Only essential retail is open - the cops are open no matter what lock down tier we are in officers will always be on dut y.
To go with the SMILE cards I have written a quiz. You do not need to be a cop to have a bit of fun.
How many can youi answer ?
Former star of Birds Of A Feather Pauline Quirk plays which TV detective ?
Whose call sign was Z Victor One ?
3. In which two prisons did Oscar Wild service his sentence ?
4. Which Tory MP and writer wrote A Prison Diary following a convict ion for perverting the course of justice ?
5. In a TV series which cop was actually a ghost ?
6. What was a jam-sandwich ?
7. Which police choir sang with The Pogues ?
8. In which year was fingerprinting introduced ? 1901 – 1920 – 1899 ?
9. Which crime took place at Bridego Bridge south of Milton Keynes ?
10. What role did Albert Pierrepoint play in the British justice system ?
11. 1950’s TV series, what area of London did Dixon patrol ?
12. Who was executed for the A6 murder ?
13. About which crimes did Brian Masters write in his book Killing For Company ?
14. Let him have it Chris: Within which trial were these words used to find an accused guilty ?
15. Who was the policeman in Enid Blyton’s Noddy In Toyland stories ?
16. In which Gilbert & Sullivan opera was a policeman’s lot not a happy one ?
17. In which TV series would you find Detective Inspector Sandra Pullman ?
18. In which village did Agatha Christie’s character Miss Marple live ?
19. Whose wartime policing took place in Hastings ?
20. Edith Pargeter under the pen-name of Ellis Peters wrote about which Benedictine monk detective ?
21. Which American TV detective was addicted to sucking a lollypop ?
22. Who are the fictional, humorously incompetent policemen featured in silent film slapstick comedies produced between 1912 and 1917 ?
23. Sweeney Tod = The ?
24. Which TV series was based at Sun Hill Police Station ?
25. About which notorious gangland criminals did their brother write a book: Me And My Brothers ?
26. Inspector Jack Frost, what was his real Christian name ?
27. In the TV series who was detective Dalziel’s sidekick ?
28. Serving in Northumberland and City Police who was the Detective Chief Inspector playing the central role in the TV series which ran from 2011 to 2020 ?
29. Detective Inspector Jimmy Perez maintained law and order on which island ?
30. What was a Panda ?
31. Which Labour Party Peer campaigned unsuccessfully for the parole of Moors Murderer Myra Hindley ?
32. Starring in the TV series, who sand the title music for New Tricks ?
33. Who solved the murder on the Orient Express ?
34. At which address did Sherlock Holmes live ?
35. Who sand the original version of The Laughing Policeman ?
36. Who wrote the book 10 Rillington Place telling of John Christie’s crimes ?
37. In which fictional Southern California town is the American TV series Starskey and Hutch set ?
38. I which TV series did John Thaw and Kevin Whateley feature ? (The later previously lived in Wavendon Milton Keynes)
39. In the TV series Frost who was Inspector Jack’s fishy boss ?
40. Which criminal played by Anthony Hopkins appears in the film version of Silence Of The Lambs ?
41. Having also appeared in TV series as a judge and a professional who played The Chief Constable in the 1990’s series The Chief ?
42. What was the name of the special police major crimes task force operating at the behest of the governor of Hawaii ?
43. On which fictional Caribbean island is Death In Paradise set ?
44. Which car features in the TV cop series Life On Mars ?
45. Which dog attracted the attention of Sherlock Holmes ?
46. Which amateur cleric detective did G K Chesterton write about ?
47. In which Cambridgeshire village did Detective Inspector Keating and Rev Sidney Chambers work ?
48. Private investigators Frank Hathaway and Luella Shakespeare solve cases where ?
49. Starring Raymond Burr what was his character who was confined to a wheel chair ?
50. Of all fictional TV cop series which is claimed to be the most true to life ?