I went to bed last night worrying what will happoen if I fail to get hositals involved in the writing project and fail to get the media onboard. Should In just give up and save face ?
During the day I had been planning the ideas I have for books and putting them into a diary. At the moment I do not have enough books to hit the target of 24. Even with twenty-four books, given that some will be short stories for children I can not possibly reach one million words in 24 books, I am going to need to write 30.
Can I do this ?
I spent time in the evening working on my current book BILLY WESTALL. Billy os onboard Vostock 1 with Juri Gagarin. Juri is talking about food and is about to serve a meal of Russian Blini. The story which is an adventure for a teenager through the Multiverse will soon move to talk about the most widely eaten food worldwide.
Right on cue at 4am I woke with my daily serendipedy moment having an idea about food.
Born in 1950 food rationing was in place. I remember my Nan serving bread and dripping, as a little kid it was delicious but today it would be vile.
In my book NOT THE CONCRETE COWS I published a number of wartime recepies. What did people eat in the trenches of WWI ? What was on the table in Dickensian London ?
I was born into a world without the internet and the smart phone ? I was also born into a world without McDonald's.
Pandemic permitting I had as I awoke an idea to be a fly-on-the-wall in a kitchen, why not a hospital kitchen ?
Then as I prepared to get out of bed I had an idea for a food quiz. This is just the start.
1. I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That’s why they call me ?
2. From which town did George Formby buy his stick of rock ?
3. According to Lonnie Donegan’s Father how ho you know the dustbin is full of toadstools ?
4. What will happen to you if you eat the crusts off your bread ?
5. SPAM. What do the letters S-P-A-M stand for ?
6. What will grow if you eat fish ?
7. Which vegetable gives you nocturnal vision ?
8. What food is supposedly eaten I prison ?
9. What is the colour of the soup eaten at the Queen’s Berkshire residence ?
I will take that to a minimum of 50 questions, hopefully 100, before publication.
What are the favourite foods among celebrities ? SOD THEM, what is the favourite food among ordinary members ? What memories do they have. I plan to put out a survey and drawing experiences.
I wonder what will be tomorrow's 4am moment.